You’ve got to be one emotionless psychopath if you don’t have a list of recently used emojis, because who doesn’t use them these days? From the simple smiley to the food emoji to the heart emoji and more, they’ve become a quintessential part of texting. But wait, what if you’re not on your iPhone? Then, how do you send use emoji on Mac?
Fret not! Here’s a quick and easy guide to help you look like a normal person with a range of emotions.
Use Emoji on Mac
- Place the cursor where you want to insert an emoji.
- Press Command + Control + Spacebar, a keyboard shortcut, to access emoji.
- A huge list of emoji will appear in front of you and from there, you have to choose which one you want to send to your unsuspecting friend.
- Once that’s decided, double click on the chosen emoji.
- Voila! The emoji will be inserted where you placed the cursor.
You’ll see different categories of emoji – Smileys and people, Nature and animals, Food and beverages, Places, travel and activities, Symbols, flags and numbers. It can be confusing to find the one you want from all these categories, and the process can be quite frustrating given the size of the emoji. If you do not have the patience for all that, just use the search field to find the one you’re looking for. All you have to do is type in the first few letters of the emoji you’re looking for, and the list of options will narrow down.
A little long-winded, we know. But hey, we have a solution for that too. (Aren’t you glad you have us? Grin smiley)
Add the emoji picker to the Menu bar
If you’re someone who uses emoji frequently, we suggest you save yourself the time and hassle of always taking the longer route. Do yourself a favour and add the emoji picker to the Menu bar of your Mac. Here’s how you can do that –
- Do you see the Apple symbol on the top left corner of your screen? Yes, that one. Click on that.
- Once you get the dropdown, click on System Preferences.
- Then look for Keyboard in the second row, and click on that.
- The next screen will show you an option box next to Show keyboard and emoji viewer in Menu Bar. Click on that.
And there you go. You’re all set to express yourself in various ways thanks to these emoji. Don’t let a Mac stop you!