Hey Siri, I have a question for Team Applesutra

    Thank You We’ll get back to you faster that you can say iPhone 12 Pro Max!

    Don’t Talk on Phone While It’s Charging. Please.

    Spread the word

    Do you talk on your phone while it’s plugged into a power socket? If yes, we suggest you stop doing this immediately!!

    A series of unfortunate events have brought to light the disastrous effects of speaking on your phone while it’s charging.

    A thirty-year-old woman from Malaysia, Suhana Mohamad, was the victim of a tragic accident last week. She was talking on her phone while it was plugged into the power outlet and got electrocuted. Unfortunately, she didn’t survive the incident and died.

    This isn’t the first time something like this happened. There are various documented cases of phones turning deadly and wreaking major havoc!

    Just last year there was a freak incident where an exploding LG–G3 burned a hole through the user’s mattress.

    A couple of years back (July 2013), there was another incident where a Chinese woman was electrocuted to death by her iPhone. The issue had seen direct involvement from Apple.

    Apple is helping look into how the iPhone 5 played a role in the death of Ma Ailun, a 23-year-old woman from the Xinjiang region in western China. Ma, a flight attendant for China Southern Airlines, was electrocuted to death after taking a call on her iPhone while it was charging.” Said the report by CultOfMac.

    Not much later, another incident surfaced – of a Chinese man getting electrocuted. However, he was a bit more fortunate than the others. He didn’t lose his life, but he did go into a coma for about 10 days.

    Coming back to the most recent victim of faulty phones and chargers, Mohamad, a mother of two, was living in the Cheras, which is a suburb of Kuala Lumpur.

    A report by Digital Trends had this to add:

    “There’s no word yet as to what sort of smartphone she was using or what type of charger was in play, but this is the first time in Malaysia that a charging cell phone has been determined to be a cause of death.”

    Owing to the rare nature of these occurrences, there are no federal or state laws dealing with them. But that doesn’t make them any less tragic.

    On our part, we need to be cautious and not take these incidents lightly. We’d like to request all members of the AppleSutra community to spread the word about this danger. The first step would be to stop talking on our phones while they are plugged into the power socket.

    Be safe people. Remember, prevention is better than cure. And there’s no cure for being dead!

    Write a comment

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    One More Thing
    Come say Hi

    Stop by, say hi, and make our day!

      Thank You We’ll get back to you faster that you can say iPhone 12 Pro Max!