Every iPhone comes pre-loaded with a “Find my iPhone” feature. That involves using a browser to log-in to iCloud. However, this neat little feature will help you find your iPhone using your Apple Watch.
Here’s how to find your iPhone using you Apple Watch.
- Press the Digital Crown button on the Apple Watch to come to main watch Face.
- Now, swipe up from the bottom of the screen to bring up the control panel.
- You will notice that there’s “connected” written in green, at the top of your watch face.
- Among the menu items, a small icon of an iPhone.
- That’s the Find Your iPhone button.
- Press it to make your iPhone beep a sonar-like ping.
- Press and Hold to make your iPhone beep and the flash the flashlight!!!
Screenshots courtesy of iMore which gives a disclaimer:
Your phone needs to be turned on and have Bluetooth enabled for this to work, and it will only ping the iPhone your Apple Watch is paired with; you can’t currently find other devices in this manner.
So obviously, it’s a bit restricted way of doing things. But if you do have an Apple Watch, you can’t deny that this is quite handy!!