First, with the AirPods 2, and now with the 2019 MacBook Pro, Apple has become a bit of a repeat offender for when it comes to surprise launches! And while I love waking up to the smell of some hot steaming Apple news to go with my coffee. The surprises do get a bit too much for the heart to take, but I’ll soldier on! Because, spoiler alert, the new 15-inch MacBook comes with an eight-core processor.
Only a few hours ago, Apple dropped a major bombshell on all of us. They launched their new line of MacBooks, and needless to say, we’re all pumped about them. They are a noticable departure from Apple’s now last generation quad-core and 6-core MacBooks. As they come with Intel’s latest 8th and 9th generation core processors. And this is not all – the infamous Butterfly keyboard too has gotten a revamp!
The 8-Core Processor
The 2019 MacBook Pro, now with an 8-core processor is a whopping two times faster than the old quad-core one. And according to Apple, this means that their users will be able to get more out of their MacBook Pro in the following ways:
• Music producers can play back massive multi-track projects with up to two times more Alchemy plug-ins in Logic Pro X.
• 3D designers can render scenes up to two times faster in Maya Arnold.
• Photographers can apply complex edits and filters up to 75 per cent faster in Photoshop.
• Developers can compile code up to 65 per cent faster in Xcode.
• Scientists and researchers can compute complex fluid dynamics simulations up to 50 per cent faster in TetrUSS.
• Video editors can edit up to 11 simultaneous multicam streams of 4K video in Final Cut Pro X.
Sounds pretty damn amazing, right? It sure does, and I’m not even saying this through the rose-tinted glasses of an Apple lover, because fan or not, two times faster is a considerable improvement.
The Rest of the Spectacular Specifications
Slow down for a second there, now! Don’t think I can’t see you reaching for your credit card. Yes, I’m talking to you! I know the temptation is strong, but just hold on for a moment, because there’s more.
• The Butterfly keyboard which has long been the topic of controversy, has been tweaked by Apple yet again. And this time they’ve used “new materials” in the switch mechanism that they claim should do away with the whole missed and double key presses fiasco.
• The Retina Display too has gotten an upgrade and now comes with 500 nits of brightness. Talk about looking at the sun, gosh!
• And now, moving on from the visual to the auditory, the 2019 MacBook Pro comes with wide-stereo sound to take those post-breakup sob sessions to the zenith. Yay.
There’s Even A Price Drop!
So, while the 2019 MacBook Pro is available with either a 13-inch or a 15-inch screen (the 8-core processor only comes with the 15-inch version).
Following the ‘price correction’ trend set up by iPhone XR, the new MacBook Pros have been launched in India at lower prices than the last year models. The 13 inch 2019 MacBook Pro range starts at ₹1,59,900 (a price drop of ₹10,000) and the 15 inch models have a starting price of ₹1,99,900 (a price drop of ₹25,000).
All in all, the 2019 MacBook Pro is an improvement in every regards. It’s not a big enough update for thee users of 2018 models, but for everyone else, it’s the best option on the market.