Hey Siri, I have a question for Team Applesutra

    Thank You We’ll get back to you faster that you can say iPhone 12 Pro Max!

    Apple Rumour Alert: New iPad​s to Launch in April

    Spread the word
    Ashrita Dkhar
    Ashrita Dkhar Jan 18, 2019

    If you’ve been planning on buying a new iPad, you might want to wait a little longer as a series of new rumours point towards the possibility of new iPad launches in the first half of 2019. Apple is reportedly going to release two new versions of the iPad – the long-awaited iPad mini 5 and a yearly upgrade of the current entry-level iPad.

    These claims were made based on a rumour by China Times stating that Apple will launch two new iPads in 2019, with at least one of them featuring a 10-inch display within a narrower frame.

    Another report highlighted that Taiwan-based General Interface Solution and TPK Holding will be the suppliers for new iPad’s touch panels. They added that over 40 per cent of the touch panels will be supplied by GIS, while the remaining 60 per cent will be provided by TPK and China-based O-film Technology.

    In December, news of a next-generation iPad Mini surfaced stating that it would have features like a vertical camera cutout, suggesting that the camera arrangement could be similar to the iPad Pro with a rear flash, and a center microphone cut out.

    Later, well-known Apple analyst Ming Chi Kuo said that the new iPad Mini would come with an upgraded processor and a lower-cost display panel.

    Rumours aside, it’s about time Apple updated their smallest iPad. The last significant update to iPad Mini was all the way back in September 2015, and as far as technology goes, this can be considered old junk. The only other update (if you consider it so) was a price cut in March 2017 when they priced the 128GB capacity model at Rs. 33,800.

    The last update the 9.7-inch iPad received was in March 2018, and before that in March 2017. Following the surprising low sales that Apple has recently suffered, an improved entry-level iPad and a lower-priced iPad Mini will go a long way in raising the revenue and market share of Apple’s tablet range.

    Write a comment

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    One More Thing
    Come say Hi

    Stop by, say hi, and make our day!

      Thank You We’ll get back to you faster that you can say iPhone 12 Pro Max!