Folks, 20th Feb is the day on which Samsung is revealing its latest flagship model – the Galaxy S10. And this Android phone is set to be the biggest threat the iPhone has ever faced to date.
Here’s what we know about the Galaxy S10 so far
- Screen: According to reports, the new phone is expected to sport a 6.1-inch, 1,440-by-3,040-pixel OLED display in comparison to the 5.8-inch Super Retina OLED display on the iPhone XS.
- Punch Hole Camera: Perhaps the most exciting and anticipated feature of the S10, the punch hole camera completely does away with the notch display, giving it the highest screen-to-body ratio in the market.
- Processor: Rumor has it that the phone will feature either a Snapdragon 855 or Exynos 9820 processor. The Exynos 9820 is of Samsung’s own design, while the Snapdragon 855 is made by Qualcomm. Both are amazing processors and there’s no denying the slight advantage the Snapdragon has in terms of speed. When you couple that with at least a rumored 8 GB RAM, Galaxy S10 users are going to be Flash compared to iPhone XS users who will only have a 4 GB RAM.
- Storage: If rumors hold true, we can expect storage options anywhere between 128 GB to 1 TB, which makes the iPhone XS’s 64 GB to 512 GB storage range seem truly XS (as in extra small).
- Ports and Jacks: The most popular charging port prediction is that of USB-C which will make the S10 compatible with the USP-PD which is on the fast track to becoming the standard quick charging device. As for the jack, all signs point to the S10 coming with a 3.5mm audio jack.
- Cameras: Get ready for #ShotonGalaxyS10 to become a major trend! With a triple-lens rear configuration with 12 MP, 13 MP, and 16 MP sensors and better stability, this camera is going to click some professional looking pictures. As for the front camera, we’re potentially looking at a dual-lens camera with ultra-sensitive sensors. Let’s just say that this camera is going to smoke the XS’s 12-MP dual- lens rear and 7 MP TrueDepth front cameras and leave it at that cause we’re starting to hurt our own feelings at this point.
Money and the Rest
Then, we come to the S10+ which is basically the XS Max of the Samsung world. This higher level model is predicted to boast a 6.4-inch display screen, a dual lens front camera, as well as a price tag starting at a minimum of $840 (Rs. 59,930) and going past the $1,000 (Rs. 71,345) mark, depending on how much storage you require.
As for the S10, they’re rumored to be around $ 779 (Rs. 55,578) a pop. Pretty cheap compared to the 2018 iPhones, right? Also, there might even be a more pocket friendly option called the S10 E or S10 Lite, which should be priced between $ 650 (Rs. 46,374) and $ 750 (Rs. 53,509); money that the brand is going to cut at the expense of the size, power, and camera.
So, those are the product specifications that have leaked so far, but we’ll have to wait for the official release to know just how formidable the opponent is going to be. But one thing’s for sure – Apple should be worried, and they really should put in all the effort to up their game! Here’s hoping for some kick ass iPhones this year. What? A girl can dream, right?