Hey Siri, I have a question for Team Applesutra

    Thank You We’ll get back to you faster that you can say iPhone 12 Pro Max!

    What Fanboys? More & More iPhone Users are Switching to Android

    Spread the word

    iPhone owners are worshipped for their undying loyalty towards Apple, come what may.  And Apple has prided itself on this customer loyalty. But brace yourself coz that’s about to change!

    BankMyCell, a device trade-in company, conducted a survey, coz why not! And the data from the survey shows that iPhone retention has dropped to a whopping 15.2% since March 2018. They collected data from over 38,000 folks who traded in their phones from October 2018 to track Apple brand loyalty during the iPhone upgrade cycle. Yeah, yeah I know what you’re thinking. 38000 is a relatively limited sample size, in the grand scheme of things. 

    Anyhoo, BankMyCell found out that 26% of iPhone users readily swapped their iPhone X’s for some other brand’s phone. Such betrayal, much hurt!

    Apple, Samsung, And Never-ending Competition

    Not to rub salt on your wounds, but only 7.7% of Samsung Galaxy S9 users agreed to switch to Apple. For those of you who suck at math, the remaining 92.3% of the users chose to stick with their beloved Android. Oh, and in June, 18% of the users who ditched iPhones, they did so for a Samsung device.

    Needless to say, Samsung was the obvious winner in the race to scoop up Apple’s lost cause… oops, I mean customers. 

    Here’s another despair-filled fact for you sorry souls. After further snooping, BankMyCell discovered that iPhone loyalty took a deep plunge into darkness, falling to whooping 73% and hitting a new low, which is also its lowest since 2011. And now compare it to an all-time high loyalty of 92% in 2017!

    Sadly, the new low is not a good look for Apple, but Samsung sure is on cloud nine, basking in its newly gained loyalty.

    Well, at least we know which song Cook’s gonna play on repeat now– 

    I, I’ve been trying to fix my pride

    But that shit’s broken, that shit’s broken

    Lie (lie, lie), lie, l-lie, I try to hide

    But now you know it

    That I’m at an all-time

    Low, low, low, low, low, low, low, low, low

    Low, low, low, low, low, low, low, low, low

    Write a comment

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    One More Thing
    Come say Hi

    Stop by, say hi, and make our day!

      Thank You We’ll get back to you faster that you can say iPhone 12 Pro Max!