YouTube App for iOS has received a great new update — You can now fast forward or rewind the video by double tapping the screen.
- To go ahead, you’ve to double tap the right side of the screen.
- To go back, double tap the left side of the screen.
- The video skips through a timeframe of 10 seconds.
- Update has come for both YouTube App for iOS and Android. However, more iOS users are reporting it.
- The latest version of YouTube also lets you control the player right from the lockscreen (while casting to an external device like Chromecast).
- The update has also added control shortcuts into the Control Center of iOS, like the ones you get for Apple Music.
NOTE: There seems to be an arbitrary distribution system for the feature, so you might not get it even if you update the YouTube App for iOS right now. However, you should get it soon.
This update has definitely added a lot of helpful features for the much loved app. Moving the video ahead or backward with the help of seek bar was a big headache. Now we can finally rewatch something we missed a second time without having to sit through a five minute rewatch of the video!
The multiple-feature update for the app is a clear sign of the importance the app has for Google. YouTube is one of the biggest apps in the world (in terms of usage) and Google is hellbent on beating the rivals such as Facebook and Twitter.
Screenshots from: The Next Web