Coming straight from the headquarters at Apple Park California, the newest Apple event ‘Time Flies’ has unveiled not one, but two new smartwatches – Apple Watch Series 6 & Apple Watch SE.
While people have been expecting any news of the much-awaited iPhone 12, the unwrapping of Apple Watches does come as a pleasant surprise.
While the Apple Watch SE is quite affordable and aimed for the masses, Apple Watch Series 6 packs in more advanced features, (at a higher price, of course!). But despite the price range, Watch Series 6 is a great upgrade for Apple Watch fans.
Apple Watch Series 6 – Features Snapshot
- Apple Watch Series 6 comes with a new heart rate sensor with the new Blood Oxygen Saturation (SpO2) Monitoring
- It also comes with a new always-on altimeter to help during a hike or climb, in real time!
- Apple Watch Series 6 will support native sleep tracking, automatic hand washing detection and multiple new workout types.
- It also comes with an improved always-on display mode that’s twice brighter than the previous Watch Series 5 display.
- Watch Series 6’s operating system, WatchOS 7, can use motion and heart rate data to track overall fitness level.
The Consistency – Faster, Smoother and More Powerful
- With the new integrated Apple S6 SiP (system in package), Apple Watch Series 6 is up to 20% faster than the predecessor, Apple Watch Series 5.
- The new integrated S6 chip allows the Apple Watch Series 6 to be used as a digital key for your car.
- Apple Watch Series 6 is claimed to maintain the predecessor’s 18-hour battery life.
- Increased battery performance also includes faster charging – under an hour and a half!
The Chassis – Stylish Physical Upgrades
- Apple Watch Series 6 upgrades its predecessor’s body with a new Blue and Product Red aluminum finishes.
- It comes with two stainless steel variants – Graphite and Classic Yellow Gold.
- There are seven new watch faces!
- Apple Watch Series 6 comes with new and stylish bands – braided loop, solo loop with a clasp, solo loop without a buckle.
Apple Watch Series 6 will be launched in two different variations, one in an only GPS variant and one in a GPS and Cellular variant. The price for the Apple Watch Series 6 (GPS only) is set at ₹40,990 and for Apple Watch Series 6 (GPS+Cellular) will be available for ₹49,990.
Though many of us were expecting to see of iPhone 12 at the Keynote Event, we feel the new Apple Watch Series 6 proved to be a worthy unveil. Do you agree?
Apple Watch SE: The Best Product Launched at Apple’s Time Flies Event
Damn, The New iPad Air 4 is So Good!