Apple’s first event of 2022 came and went, leaving some happy, some amused, and some going, “Is there even a point to all of this?!” If you want to catch up and know which category you fall in, we’ve got it all here for you and beyond that too. Read on to find out what happened in the Appleverse last week and what Apple news you might have missed.
Apple Events Brings New Releases
Last week’s Apple Event brought us a shiny new iPhone SE, iPad Air 5, a love-child of Mac mini and Mac Pro, a new Apple Display, an even more overpowered M1 chip, and new green shades to the iPhone 13 series. Additionally, we can expect to see the release of iOS 15.4 this week [Update 15/03/22: Out now], bringing Face ID with Mask, new emojis, notes for Keychain passwords, and more to the general public.
Apple Health Coming to Oculus
According to a new report by CNET, Meta will be enabling syncing fitness data on their VR headset Oculus Quest 2 with Apple Health as soon as next month. This comes amidst rumours and hype for Apple’s own mixed reality headset, and it’d be interesting to see how Meta’s foray into the Apple ecosystem would pan out.
One for Your Android Friends
Remember we told you how your Android user friends will soon be able to see your iMessage reactions as Google Messages reactions? Well, reports say Google is finally rolling out this feature alongside others like sending iMessage videos as links on Google Photos and more.
Apple’s Prediction for SE in India
Apple’s growth in India has been remarkable, beating all competition in smartphone revenue in 2021. Now, a report by Business Today says iPhone SE 3 is set to drive 25% of iPhone shipments to India in 2022, according to data by CyberMedia Research. This comes after the tech giant recorded a 108% year-on-year growth in iPhone shipments last year! Well, no doubt Apple fans love their “affordable” Apple tech in India.
Apple’s Week in Rumours
What’s in the headlines about Apple’s upcoming plans? Here are some recent leaks and rumours to get you going.
- Reports say Apple might be breaking tradition and only upgrading the two higher-end iPhone 14 Pro and Pro Max models to the A16 chip this year.
- After Apple discontinued their 27-inch iMac, it seems like they have no plans to release a large-screen iMac in the near future.
- M1 Ultra’s just out, but rumours are Apple’s working on the next M2 Ultra already with a 24-core CPU.
Applesutra Last Week
Here’s what we covered last week on Applesutra.
- Sneak-Peeked and Now to Speak: Aftermath of the March 8 Apple Event
- The Miniature Powerhouse: Presenting the 2022 Apple iPhone SE
- Go Ultra with Apple’s Mac Studio & Display: Here’s Everything You Need to Know
- Going Green: Apple Announces New iPhone 13 & 13 Pro Colour Options
Stay updated by subscribing to the Applesutra newsletter, and get all the latest Apple news and updates right in your inbox. Opt-in box in the footer below!
See you next time!